This Saturday, February 21st, Citrus College will host an Adoption Expo. There will be a focus on awareness on what is takes to become a Foster or Adoptive Parent as well as a Weekend Host. The event will take place in the Ross L. Handy Campus Center from 11am-1pm. To R.S.V.P. call 888-811-1121.
The following information was provided by Glendora Council Member Joe Santoro, who is involved in this terrific event.
“The Adoption EXPO is part of an effort by the Cities of Glendora, Azusa, West Covina and Duarte in partnership with the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services and many local providers to host an information seminar for people in our cities who may be interested in adopting a child and/or becoming a Foster Parent.
We want them to obtain immediate information which could lead them to seriously consider becoming an adoptive or Foster Parent to one of the thousands of children who are waiting and waiting to be part of a good loving family.
The Statistics on this terrible problem are staggering:
• 400,540 children currently in US foster care system
• 104,236 are ready and waiting to be adopted
• California has approximately 55,851 children in foster care
• 13,178 ready and waiting to be adopted
• In Los Angeles County, there are over 18,000 children living in
• Nearly 500 are waiting for a loving family to adopt them.
• And if the child is over 8 years old his or her chances of being
adopted are significantly getting worse every day.
The average child waiting to be adopted is:
• 8 years old
• In care for 4 years
• And has experienced multiple moves during his/her lifetime.”
Free parking information can be found on this attached flyer.
Citrus College is located at:
1000 W. Foothill Blvd.
Glendora, Ca. 91741