Kohl’s Co. announced the 18 underperforming stores slated to close this June with nine alone closing in California.
In an announcement made Wednesday, Kohl’s Co. stated the closing stores constituted less than one percent of total sales. Stores chosen for closure, which are scheduled to take place as of June 19, were based on a review of markets nationwide, store reviews in each trade area, rent, expenses and an evolving customer base, Kohl’s said in a written statement.
Glendora’s Kohl’s store, 1225 S. Lone Hill Ave., was spared from the nationwide closings:
- Arcadia, California – 7279 N. Rosemead Blvd. San Gabriel
- Cypress, California – 10201 Valley View St., Cypress
- Ladera Ranch, California – 27426 Antonio Pkwy., Ladera Ranch
- Mira Mesa, California – 8140 Mira Mesa Blvd., San Diego
- Rancho Cordova, California – 11051 Olson Dr., Rancho Cordova
- Santa Ana, California – 1351 W. 17th St., Santa Ana
- San Jose East, California – 2323 McKee Rd., San Jose
- Upland South, California – 233 S. Mountain Ave., Upland
- West Hills, California – 6651 N. Fallbrook Ave., West Hills
- Hialeah, Florida – 700 W. 49th St., Hialeah, Florida
- Tallahassee, Florida – 6785 Thomasville Rd., Tallahassee, Florida
- Holcomb Bridge, Georgia – 2342 Holcomb Bridge Rd., Roswell, Georgia
- Lithonia, Georgia – 2929 Turner Hill Rd., Lithonia, Georgia. – Note: The Lithonia, Ga. store will close November 1, 2016.
- Northlake Mall, Georgia – 4820 Briarcliff Rd., Atlanta, Georgia
- Saint Charles, Illinois – 3840 E. Main St., Saint Charles, Illinois
- Pineville, North Carolina – 9579 S. Blvd., Charlotte, North Carolina
- Princeton, New Jerse – 200 Nassau Park Blvd., Princeton, New Jersey
- Brown Deer, Wisconsin — 9060 N. Green Bay Rd., Brown Deer Wisconsin
Kohl’s also pledges to take care of every impacted store associate.
“Every eligible store associate will be offered the opportunity to work at a nearby Kohl’s or, if they choose, can accept a competitive severance package,” Kohl’s said in a written statement.