City staff released a list of playgrounds at parks throughout Glendora that are slated to temporarily close for some renovations:
- Ole Hammer Park, 362 N. Live Oak Ave.
March 31 to April 7
- Finkbiner Park. 160 N. Wabash Ave.
April 6 to April 13
- Gladstone Park South Playground, 600 E. Gladstone Ave.
April 13 to April 20
- Willow Springs Park, 515 N. Willow Springs Ln.
April 15 to April 22
- Gladstone Park North Playground, 600 E. Gladstone Ave.
April 22 to April 29
The Community Services Department recently received a $149,700 grant from the CalRecycle Tire-Derived Product grant program to purchase rubberized mulch. The rubberized mulch will be used in the playground areas in place of the current wood mulch.
The parks themselves will remain open during the renovation, city staff said.