Cigarette Fire Burns Man, Forces Partial Evacuation of Assisted Living Facility

Photo by Aaron Castrejon.

An unattended cigarette caused a fire inside a unit at a Glendora assisted living facility Wednesday night causing burn injuries to a resident.

The fire was located in a single unit at Eldorado Oaks, the unit located in the 1700 block of South Dale Road, causing $5,000 in structure damage and $1,000 in contents loss. The male resident burned in the fire received undisclosed injuries and was transported to an area hospital for treatment.

The resident had been smoking in bed, according to a representative from the Los Angeles County Fire Department.

Firefighters were dispatched to Eldorado Oaks at 11:19 p.m.

The unit affected by the fire was described as being in a main building of the facility. An unknown number of residents in the main building were evacuated, said Lt. Matt Egan of Glendora Police.

Eldorado Oaks, 1771 S. Grand Ave., is a two-story assisted living facility.

Comments

comments