Metrolink service between Covina and Claremont was this morning halted do to police activity at the Pomona North Metrolink Station.
Service was halted about one hour ago. All tracks were closed at the station and multiple trains were halted and cancelled due to a reported suspicious briefcase, which the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department Arson/Explosives Unit has rendered safe, said Lt. John Sullivan of the Sheriff’s Transit Services Bureau.
The following lines are affected:
- Line 319 to Los Angeles is holding at Montclair
- Line 315 to Los Angeles is holding at Claremont
- Line 302 to San Bernardino is cancelled in Covina
- Line 317 is holding at Montclair
- Line 321 to Los Angeles is cancelled. Riders are advised to board train 323
- Line 304 to San Bernardino is cancelled. Riders are advised to board train 306
- Line 321 to Los Angeles is cancelled. Riders are advised to board train 323.
The briefcase was rendered safe about 20 minutes ago, with Arson/Explosives technicians conducting final sweeps of the Pomona North Station before they leave, Sullivan said.
The tracks between Covina and Claremont have been reopened.