As the majority of the storm has passed, city officials have changed Glendora’s Alert Status to orange Friday afternoon.
- Voluntary evacuation orders in effect.
- Residents directed to remove vehicles, trash bins, other obstructions from streets and/or travel lanes prior to evacuating as they will be subject to tow or removal by authorities.
- Residents will be directed to an Evacuation Center at the Crowther Teen & Family Center, 241 W. Dawson in Glendora. (click for map)
- Residents electing not to evacuate will be asked to sign a Refusal to Evacuate Form acknowledging their awareness of the hazards/risk and assuming all liability for the decision to remain and shelter in place.
- Those persons staying should move to the highest point within their home.
- Residents who do cooperate with the evacuation order will be afforded the opportunity to re-gain entry to their residential area at the discretion of the Police Department upon the showing of proof of residency and signing a waiver form acknowledging their decision to re-enter and/or remain.
The National Weather Service still expects scattered showers throughout the day with a possibility of thunderstorms and small hail. Rains should taper off by nightfall. There is a 60 percent chance of rain tonight.
Saturday should be mostly sunny.