The Glendora Chalk Festival is less than a month away and contestants can still apply.
The Chalk Festival is Saturday, April 23 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Glendora Village. Cash prizes are available for local artists who win in the three divisions: Junior (10 to 13 years old), Student (14 to 17 years old) and Adult (18 and over).
This year’s theme is “Heroes,” with either superheroes, local heroes or personal heroes being the artwork focus.
Artwork will be judged according to the following criteria:
- Composition – The individual elements combine to make one cohesive picture.
- Technique – The use of chalk as a medium to develop and execute your concept.
- Color – Use of color, striking or blending, to bring life to the drawing.
- Drawing – Execution of idea through line, form, tone, and over-all design.
- Inspiration – Use of the theme and color to create a message that captures your eye.
Attendees can also enjoy music, balloon art, face painting and more.
To enter, download the entry form, which must be submitted with the entry fee by April 15 to:
Village Goldsmith, 158 N. Glendora Ave. #B
Glendora, CA 91741
Payment must be cash or check only. Make checks payable to City of Glendora.
For more information, visit the Chalk Festival website.