City authorities erred on the side of caution Friday morning and upgraded the city’s Colby Fire Alert Status to yellow with rain and thunderstorms in the forecast.
The National Weather Service predicts a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms stating Saturday, mostly after 11 a.m. with winds possibly as high as 20 miles per hour. The threat of showers and thunderstorms will linger into the night.
The chance for rain will diminish slightly into Sunday with a 20 percent chance of rain and thunderstorms, which will remain through Monday night.
- No evacuation orders in effect.
- Rain-related parking restrictions in effect.
- Residents directed to remove vehicles, trash bins and other obstructions
- from streets and/or travel lanes as they will be subject to tow or removal by
- No restricted entry to impact area/potentially impacted areas.
Residents who live in the Colby Fire Impact Area are affected by orders given in each Alert Status category.
“The city will be monitoring the Colby area during the weekend … Be aware of your surroundings and current weather conditions,” police said via Facebook.
Clouds will give way to mostly sunny skies by Tuesday.